The Institute of National Museums of Rwanda (INMR) is a government institution, which was inaugurated in September 18, 1989 with one ethnographic museum based in Huye district-Southern Province officially known as the National Museum of Rwanda. Since 2004 other museums have been opened countrywide, these are:
- Kandt House Museum of Kigali opened in December 2004,
- Museum of Rwesero in Nyanza opened in May 2006,
- King's Palace Museum in Nyanza/Rukari opened in May 2008, and
- Rwanda Art Museum in Kanombe opened in February 2009.
- Museum of Environment opened in Karongi District-Western Province on 16th July 2015.
- National Liberation Museum Park
- Campaign Against Genocide Museum
Today INMR is positioning itself as a core stakeholder in promoting Rwandan Cultural tourism, with the aim of national economic development.